VISIT US

COMMUNITY

History of the Colored Congresses of PTA

January 2020

Texas Colored Congress The story of the Texas Colored Congress of Parents and Teachers is a familiar one. In 1917, W.S. Benton, a Fort Worth teacher and mother, started a “mothers’ club” in her living...

READ MORE

Mega-Volunteering

October 2019

Why do people volunteer? I have to be honest. I am not a volunteer. At least, I’m not a volunteer yet. I am a young, single woman with no children and no ties to public...

READ MORE

We Are You and You Are Us

August 2019

Today’s PTA consists of moms, dads, students, teachers, uncles, aunts, grandparents, community members, and those who just love PTA. We come from all backgrounds and many countries. Our languages are abundant. And we celebrate our...

READ MORE

Heroes Around Me

May 2019

With the help of our Local and Council PTAs and their schools, Texas PTA paid visits to the campuses of our seven Outstanding Interpretation Award recipients for Reflections over several weeks beginning in late April....

READ MORE

Who’s Missing?

May 2019

Last summer at Launch in Dallas, I was privileged to hear Sheri Doss give her acceptance speech as the new Texas PTA President. There was one part of her speech that really resonated with me....

READ MORE

The views and opinions expressed in these stories are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Texas PTA.