VISIT US

COMMUNITY

Navigating Uncharted Waters

May 2020

Spring break is typically the week dedicated to relaxation, travel, and maybe a little catch up around the house. School families, teachers, and staff also use the time to reenergize before the last quarter of...

READ MORE

The Teacher in Me

May 2020

“I am a teacher.” It has rolled off my tongue a million times over, and in many ways, it defines me – at least in part. As a little girl, I taught my stuffed animals....

READ MORE

The True Value

March 2020

The True Value of Associations in Times of Trouble and Uncertainty Association trends continue to indicate Americans are joining less and do not always understand the value of membership. Households where adults work more than...

READ MORE

Let’s Check In

March 2020

Schools are closed. We are asked to flatten the curve by staying home. Things are changing so quickly that by the time you process one big change another one comes around. I am 38 years...

READ MORE

A Conversation on Diversity with Sheri Doss

February 2020

Sheri Doss is Texas PTA's first black president since the merger of the white and colored congresses. She stands exactly five feet, one inch tall, speaks quietly but matter-of-factly, and juggles all things with grace....

READ MORE

The views and opinions expressed in these stories are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Texas PTA.